I got lost at ARESTI diagrams that had to be flown exactly as planned where every item in sequence was judged. My only experience even with the lingo was some WW-I books that sat on a window ledge behind the librarian in Bad Axe, Michigan. I was in grade school. Somehow that prompted something and as a Freshman at the University of Michigan on what was called the medical floor because the Resident advisors were both pre-med I hung out with two "tender boys" that were wrestlers.

I practiced doing handstands on the arms of my room leisure chair letting my heels flop to the wall. Eventually, got so I could walk on the hands in the room and then down the entire corridor. I was on my way to inverted flight! I walked across the DIAG upside down talking to my Physics laboratory partner as I became a Sophomore and found she was going to be a nurse. Maybe I would find a cheerleader to add mini-trampoline? No such luck, my best inverted walk was down a beach and into a lake

. -- to pop up at Douglas Aircraft on the 5th floor of Building 18A where I could look out at Mt. San Antonio and Mt. San Gorgonio where the Michelson-Morley speed of light measurement was done. Almost everyday I was up in that building I took an inverted walk on my hands between the HEXCELL walls that formed the office partitions. It was years before I attempted front flips and back flips. For real!!