Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Show Announcers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrexx View Post
    At least we weren't subjected to the 6am departures of the AeroShell T-6 team, proptips supersonic, every morning this year. OTOH, it was extremely annoying that he airshow military jets seemed to take every opportunity to turn their tails to the crowd, cut in the afterburner, and deafen every living soul out to US41. My job on the field will not allow me the luxury of earplugs.
    I've taken to always having a set of earplugs at the ready while tram conducting, especially on the Blue and Red routes that go along the flightline. I do realize that AirVenture IS a rare opportunity for folks to see the capabilities of our military jets, but DANG they are truly deafening and IMHO without good hearing protection that intense volume 'can' cause damage, temporary or permanent.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    I do realize that AirVenture IS a rare opportunity for folks to see the capabilities of our military jets
    This is incorrect. Every other airshow in the country has the military participation. You can see that anywhere else. Why are we wasting valuable Oshkosh show time with all the military performances. One DoD act per show is more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrexx View Post
    At least we weren't subjected to the 6am departures of the AeroShell T-6 team, proptips supersonic, every morning this year. OTOH, it was extremely annoying that he airshow military jets seemed to take every opportunity to turn their tails to the crowd, cut in the afterburner, and deafen every living soul out to US41. My job on the field will not allow me the luxury of earplugs.
    The only vote you really get is with your feet. Don't like it, do go anymore. I guarantee complaining about it on a chat site is not going to change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    The only vote you really get is with your feet. Don't like it, do go anymore. I guarantee complaining about it on a chat site is not going to change a thing.
    While I disagree with Aviatrexx's post, your response is pretty harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    Are you saying that nobody reads this forum? I believe constructive criticism goes a long way in affecting change no matter how it's delivered. I filled out the EAA feedback survey and pointed them to this thread of the forum. There is some good discussion going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by mmarien View Post
    Are you saying that nobody reads this forum? I believe constructive criticism goes a long way in affecting change no matter how it's delivered. I filled out the EAA feedback survey and pointed them to this thread of the forum. There is some good discussion going on here.
    Meh - it's a method. I personally don't think most of the suggestions here have that much merit nor will gain any traction with the EAA even if they do. This forum is tiny and not very active to boot so statistically not relevant in presenting the views of the EAA membership on any particular issue so a handful of posts aren't likely to garner a huge amount of attention with EAA Hq. Heck a lot of the suggestions don't even garner consensus with the small group of posters here. Bottom line is it doesn't hurt to post, but the reality is it will just give folks a place to talk amongst ourselves. YMMV....
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!