Thread: AirVentrure 2023 wrap up.....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Each year sees changes at AirVenture. This year they added the North and South Express trams, both well received by riders I am lead to believe. There was an added airplane parking area just S/W of the South 40 bus stop, added camping spaces. If the pilot I spoke to is to be believed, from the very far end of the South 40 you could see Milwaukee -lol.

More jam-packed trams all week long than I can remember from events past. Still loving the wonderful tall color-coded Tram pylons at all the stops with signage saying where the next stop will be. As attendance continues to climb so will logistical expansion expenses. Could we use more tram trolleys and tractors? Yes, assuming there are enough volunteers to run them. The next two BIG items on MY wish are - Expand the size of the Red/Yellow tram terminal (too crowded) to mirror the Yellow/Blue one. And PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE put a small bank of porta-potties at the Yellow/Blue and Yellow/Red terminals. They would REALLY benefit both the tram volunteers and the riders.

I do appreciate that everything involved in this marvelous, but one week only event, is subject to a cost/benefit analysis and 'ya' can't please everyone.'
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 08-02-2023 at 07:38 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln