Thread: Flight Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yep, sure enough! Sorry for the misdirect.

If you search the Apple App Store for "FltPlan Go for iPad" it doesn't show up. If you just search for "FltPlan Go" you only see the iPhone app. If you use the link on FltPlan's website, it goes right to the iPad app. Very strange...
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

If you don't already have a device with an ego problem (i-this, i-that, ...) check out Avare. It's Free Open-Source Software, written and supported by pilots. There's a huge online community of users and developers, and it runs like a scalded dog on Android devices. I've been using it on my 8 year old Samsung TabA8 (SM-T350 that I got from Costco for $100). Mounted to a yoke clip in my C172A, I have never had a problem reading the screen. One of Avare's endearing features is that nearly all of them can be turned off, giving you just the chart and your aircraft icon, at whatever resolution you want at that point.

I have an BT keyboard for it, so when I get to my destination I have a capable system. I've stopped bringing my laptop unless there's an application or data on it that I'll need. It allows me to keep up with the daily flood for the two weeks I'm working at Airventure.
    Last edited by Aviatrexx; 07-06-2023 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks for telling us about Avare. I'll give it a try.

Larry N.